Tuesday 7 January 2014

I have been cautiously edging towards the land of the blog for a while now. The trouble I have motivating myself to do anything is neatly summed up by the fact that it is only now, a full two years after dropping out of my Journalism course at Uni, that I have decided to finally start writing one. As a young aspiring Journalist I couldn’t be fucked, now i’m working in an office nine til half five for 5 days a week i’m all over it. What a nobhead.

Gloomy introductions over with, I intend to use this blog as a platform to entertain the world. And by the world I don’t really mean the entire Universe, I mean myself and my Mum who will be the sole readers. Seeing as it’s my first one though, i’m banking on a couple of loyal friends and maybe the odd intrigued half-stranger to retweet the living daylights out of it and propel me into stardom, perhaps even super-stardom. Yes, this entry is my one hope...no wonder it’s taken me four years to write it.

It’s not actually taken me four years, by the way. I’ve been quite busy in that time, especially when you consider what a lazy twat I truly, truly am. I’ve been to Uni and back (those two events occurred unusually close together), i’ve started working full time, i’ve been to endless football matches, plenty of big gigs, many a disgustingly drunk day/night out, i’ve even had a couple of metal rods stuck in my back. I should expand on that last one but I won’t, seeing as you already know exactly what the story is there, Mum.

It does make me laugh, incidentally, that blogs are one of these new big crazes over the last few years. It’s socially acceptable to have a blog (you may disagree that there is anything acceptable about the standard of this entry, to be fair) yet if you were stood in the pub at the match and piped up to inform everyone you were looking forward to going home and updating your diary, everyone may well politely request that you put your drink down and get the fucking hell out of their site. It’s effectively the same thing. I suppose the difference is that your blog is for the public to see, but let’s face it; nobody’s reading your blog mate.


But having said all that, I will keep this up to date wherever time allows. Updated with what, exactly, i’m not yet completely sure. There’ll be football, there’ll be music, I might even have a sneaky dabble in politics but mostly it’ll just be reems of absolute bollocks. Bollocks, at least, that is designed to give you and I a brief chuckle at the end of another one of those days. However, as all of us know whether man, woman or child; sometimes you come home from work and your only worldly interest is to guide Union Berlin to the playoff spots on Fifa. Never mind the blog, bring it on you bunch of little German bastards.  

1 comment: